Monday, January 19, 2009
And so yesterday was the long awaited date, after not having one for a few weeks. We meetup often, but it's usually brief.
I woke up feeling extra elated, even though I knew it's not as if we had proper events planned for the day. I was just extra excited and so very eager to be spending the day with him, just because. It was unlike usual, the excitement potrayed by my heartbeats was as though we had a birthday to celebrate, an elaborate itinery laid out for us.
And it was then, at the end of the day, when I realised that it was as if my heart knew all along that it was gonna be a splendid, simple day. No, we didn't dine at a fancy restaurant, he didn't bring me out on a shopping escapade, neither did he present me with an elaborate bouquet of flowers. It was because he genuinely wanted the day to be for us, and only us, and it was because he knows remembered the little things that I like, and he did it for me, and it was because we caught on our guilty sinful pleasures at Island Creamery together. It's because we had so many things to talk about, both serious and casual.
Hence the butterflies in my stomach and the wild heartbeats. Ironic isn't it, how the heart's instincts works.
Our future's pretty sketchy for now, opportunities, possibilities; endless. But I want so much to have him be in mine, and me in his.
And James Morrison's voice is so hauntingly beautiful, his voice simply lures me in. I'm hooked onto Broken Strings.
Okay, off to mug for the shitty tests tomorrow.
Thank you for the superblyfantasticsimpleashellbutsplendidasthesunsetbybeach date.
The simple, little things are a constant reminder of why I love you so, through all these years that have gone by.
I like how I foresee the things you'll say, judging from the twinkle in your eye, or how you say the things I want to say for me before I even say a word. Yet, as predictable as we can be to each other, you never fail to surprise me with your antics. I love you. Always have, always will.
Labels: the heart knows
X O X O; 2:12 pm